Sunday, March 29, 2009

Religious Bend

So, God provided.

Yeah, yeah, you think I'm one of those right-wing nutjobs, right? Wrong. I'm very much...not. Most of the right-wingers make me cringe and cry and say, "Please...stop telling people you're one of us...it makes it more difficult for me." I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, but, man, am I ashamed of some of my spiritual family.

Anyway.

I was planning on getting inked on April 6. Why? You ask. Well, ya see, my dad always said that if you were gonna have something permanently etched on your body, you should make sure it's something you could live with. I finally found that thing. The design is a cross made of three nails over 3 sets of wings with the date, March 3, 1982 etched onto the crossbeam. That's it. Why that date? Because that's the date I accepted Christ as my savior. The wings and the cross have personal significance to me and is a blog entry all its own for another time.

Moving on... I decided to move that date back to May so I could use the $200 for the inking for my licensure. Friday, my SO and I went to Santa Monica to sell his grandfather's coin collection. These coins, by the way, were pure silver. We were expecting a couple hundred dollars.

We got nearly $2-grand.

After excitedly calling my potential boss to schedule my final interview, we drove to DriveTime and purchased a used PT Cruiser. I'm still waiting to hear back from John on the interview, but I'm hoping to get everything taken care of within the next two weeks so that I'll be working by mid-April.

I also moved my inking back to the original date and time. The money remaining from all this is going to help us get things together for moving to Chicago.

So. God provides. Even if y'all didn't.

I tease. Thank you for your prayer-support and friendship-support.

No comments: