Friday, November 7, 2008

Kicked Off a Bus

My SO sent me a video link for today's blog. Normally, I prefer to read my articles--mostly because I can pick up on falsehoods more easily. Did you catch it in that one? I'll give you a hint.

But, this particular thing...I dunno how I really feel about it, but I know it was, in fact, stupid.

The girl's 9.

Is she really that big of a disciplinary problem that you made her get off the school bus in the middle of absolutely NOWHERE!?! C'mon! What were you thinking? Oh, right. You weren't.

Now, I have an issue with bus drivers, as it is. I had to ride the bus to school every day from the time I was in 6th grade til I was finally able to drive my senior year of high school. It wasn't fun. I had the psycho bus driver who actually made me late to school one day because he was telling me a story.

I really didn't care about his crazy, psycho-ex girlfriend. The man was disgusting enough that I never really imagined him having a crazy, psycho-current girlfriend. I was almost an hour late to school that day. He also decided to drop off a personal package to someone while he was driving us home. We tried very hard to get him fired, but it never worked.

Fastforward to this charming driver. The little girl changed seats without permission. He made her get off the bus. In the middle of nowhere. Along a highway. I know where Route 20 is in Pennsylvania. It's not where you leave a nine year old little girl. Heck, it's not the place you leave a 25 year old woman!

I'm curious if there are going to be child endangerment charges brought against him. "He'll never drive a bus here again!" they say. Okay, so what if he moves to Maryland? Will they know what happened? Probably not. So, if we're willing to charge parents with abuse for spanking their kids, why aren't we charging this deplorable fellow with child endangerment?! She could have, ya know, been abducted...or hit by a car...or shot at...I can name a few hundred things, but the rest of the list isn't quite as pleasant.

Never drive in PA again.

There's 49 other states out there.

Serena, the little girl, is still shaken by this. I would be, too! If I was left stranded along the interstate with no way to call my parents, I'd be terrified! I wouldn't want to get on another bus as long as I lived! Dude, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?! Serve this guy, already. He deserves more than a suspension of duties.

No comments: