Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Obama-Drama-Lama

Alright, kids.

We have a President.  He happens to be black.  That's right--I said it.  B-L-A-C-K.  Got a problem with that?  Yeah?  Then why are you reading this blog?  Go away.

Now, for the rest of you that hate having to pussy-foot around because some wacko out there is looking to be offended by every single thing, welcome!  I'm not mincing words here.  Not when Ralphie May, Ron White, and Lewis Black top my list of favorite comedians.

Before you get the crazy idea I'm a liberal Democrat.  I'm not.  Not even close.  In fact, I'm registered as Independent, though, I've been considering joining the Libertarians.  More research is required, but I digress.

Alright.  Here's what's got me worked up today:





Yep.  This image floating around Facebook and other social media sites.  Take a really good look at it.  Now, I recognize that I don't have the full context of the statements listed and I haven't vetted this image to even see if the statements listed were actually stated by the people that are listed.  But, you know what?  I DON'T CARE.  Know why?  Because I've heard this malarkey from friends (and even family) of mine.

Let's analyze, shall we?  Yes, we shall.  My blog, don't need your permission.

"An Executive Power Grab."  Hmmm... well, given that he is the CEO of the United States....I'm guessing he's telling you to STFU?  And you don't like that?  Y'know, there comes a time when the person in charge has to put his foot down and lay out the rules; and, given I heard his speech towards Congress around Christmas time when they were STILL stalled on the budget...y'all are acting like two year olds instead of elected officials.

"(Impeachment) should be on the table!"  Really?  What crime was committed?  Were you aware that three Presidents have been impeached, successfully, in our nation's history?  Andrew Johnson was the first--now, he was doing the Executive Power Grab thing.  He was violating Congressional acts left and right without a flip to be given.  Congress finally said, "That's it!" and brought proceedings against him; he was acquitted.  This was during the Reconstruction period in the 1860s-'70s.  Then there was Nixon... Illegal wiretapping, shredding of incriminating evidence--and he probably had no idea, at first...but, was made privy to it.  I dunno, I wasn't alive yet and I just don't care about that period in our nation's history.  He left office before they called for his removal.  Fast forward to the 1990s with Bill Clinton and his Whitewater scandal.  I'm still not sure what that was all about because I didn't like Clinton, anyway.  I thought he was smarmy, like a used-car salesman.  Point is, these guys committed crimes and had legal proceedings brought against them.  What legitimate crime has Obama committed?  Other than being black...because, we can't nail him for that one.

The other statements make no sense without context.  Not in this setting anyway.  I do like the "Imperial Behavior."  I guess someone must have uncovered his plans to build the Death Star.

I hope they make a movie about Barack Obama's life and Presidency.  If they do, they need to get John Williams to do the score.

No comments: