Friday, December 5, 2008

Shut Up

Hey, don't complain. I started a business and got busy with that...then got sick. Not my fault I haven't updated since before Thanksgiving. Deal with it.

Now, onto wonderful examples of human stupidity and whatnot.

From my current place of residence: Jamiel's Law is in danger of not being added to the ballot in May 2009. Ya gotta love L.A., really. See, we have Special Order 40--which protects illegal immigrants from police so they can report crimes without fear of being deported.

So. Let's see here... For those of you following along at home (or the office)... NOT contacting INS for papers to say you're allowed to be in this country is...dun-du-du-dun! A FELONY! It's a Federal crime for which the penalty is being sent back to your own blinking country.

Jamiel's Law would allow police officers to arrest undocumented gang members before they commit a crime.

Hello?

Knock-knock. Who's there--excuse me, "Who it is?" Please. Por favor who? Please go BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY.

I understand your desire to be in the land of the free and the home of the brave, but ya know what? You're futzing around with it and making it the land of people who can't speak English because they're not here legally and therefore can't go to school to learn it!

I'm all for immigrants. My ancestors were immigrants. Ya know what? They went through the proper channels to become citizens. You're broke and can't afford it? Tough luck! Life sucks, doesn't it? Get a job in your own county and save money. Oh, boohoo, you don't get paid a lot in your country. Guess what? Cost of living SUCKS here. You're in for a real eye-opener.

Back to this article.

So, the police, under Special Order 40, cannot arrest and deport undocumented people ("illegals" for those of you like me who are politically INcorrect) until they commit a crime. Guess what? Here's a news flash: ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS A CRIME!

They've already committed a crime, baby. Lock 'em up and send 'em back! I don't care if they came from China. Lock 'em up and send 'em back. Do it the right way. Undocumented lives in the US are breaking Federal Law. Federal Law trumps State & Local in most cases. If these folks have jobs, they have social security cards. Those social security cards are most likely fakes since they're UNDOCUMENTED. Soooo...that means it's a FEDERAL CRIME.

Are we understanding this here?

In California (at least, Los Angeles), there is a law that actually protects felons (welcome to America!) from the penalty that goes along with their crime--so that we can fight crime.

Two wrongs do not make a right. But, I guess if they help ya sleep at night...

Maybe I really -should- run for office. I'd have to run under a platform, though, that isn't Libertarian. I don't know if I could live with my conscience if I ran under Republican or Democrat. Why is it that politicians don't seem to think about the laws they're putting into action? Oh, right...that paycheck.

Take that check and cram it. Have a nice day.

No comments: