Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update

No rant today.

You may have noticed a lack of rant from yesterday, as well.

It's not that there isn't anything going on in the news... I'm just busy. I've got job interviews lined up for Friday, Monday, and Tuesday. Hopefully, one of those is worth while.

While I'm on the topic of jobs...

PUBLIC RELATIONS IS NOT DIRECT SALES!

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT DIRECT SALES!

MARKETING IS NOT DIRECT SALES!

Know what direct sales is? SALES!

And don't lump those all together, mkay? I'm sorry, any job that says it's "Public Relations/Sales/Marketing/Customer Service" is most likely direct sales. What's worse than hearing this now is finding out after wasting 2 hours for an interview that lasts 7 minutes because YOU DON'T DO DIRECT SALES.

I should put that on my resume. NO DIRECT SALES.

If I have to call someone to set up an appointment to go to someone's house to sell them something, I'm not interested. If someone ELSE is setting the appointment FOR me...that's a different story. I'll make your company money. I know that I can sell ice water to a penguin. I've done it.

I hate calling people.

I don't talk on the phone to my friends. Why would I talk on the phone to strangers? Oh, sure, there's a couple of you reading that I call on occasion. How long do we talk, though, really? I mean, before I start repeating myself? Seriously. How long do we talk, though? I repeat myself a lot. See what I mean?

If ya need a job, check craigslist, Monster, or Careerbuilder. Probably that order.

...and a big THANK YOU to my one loyal reader for his generous donation. It will hopefully get me my bartender's certification. Then I'll really have stuff to rant about!

No comments: