Saturday, August 16, 2008

Same Sex Marriages a State Decision? Heck Yeah!

In a recent interview with Rev. Rick Warren, Obama and McCain were both asked about their stances on abortion and same-sex marriages. Both said they were pro-choice and anti-same sex marriages--for relatively the same reasons. But, both also agreed that it wasn't for the Federal Government to decide on the marriage licensing.

What's that? The STATE gets to decide something? AMAZING!

When "our forefathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal," they set up some pretty specific guidelines for creating laws. Like, anything not enumerated in Constitution was given to the authority of the States. In fact, Amendment X of the Bill of Rights states,
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Since when was my choice of whom I married a matter of National importance? It's a matter of State importance. Why? Because I need to have my marriage legally recognized within the state I live in order to receive the benefits entitled to me.

Also, since when is my decision to kill my unborn child a matter of National importance? It's not. It's not really even a State concern. It's my issue. If I want to kill a defenseless fetus, that's my choice. Not yours. It's your choice to judge me and think of me as a bad person. That's your loss.

I'm growing quite weary of the United States government legislating my free will. It's called "Free Will" for a reason. Do I personally think abortion is wrong? Yes. It's murder. But, since we've already "scientifically" established that life does, in fact, not begin at conception, then for those who believe abortion is the best option, feel free to kill willy-nilly.

For the rest of us who believe life does begin at conception, blowing up an abortion clinic is wrong! I mean, think about it. You're killing people who are killing babies. Two wrongs do not make a right. Frankly, if you want to protest an abortion clinic, that's also your choice. But, if you jump in front of my car to get me to notice you, you'll just end up with a Volkswagon tattoo.

There is an amendment that allows the peaceful gathering of people together. Jumping into traffic to prove your point is just plain dumb. I'm not an evolutionist, but I do believe in survival of the fittest. And jumping in front of my car will prove that theory correct. Who knows? You may make a good hood ornament. Then, perhaps, your life will have been worth something...even if just to serve as a warning to others.

Who do we want for a President in 2008? Obama--the second African-American to be nominated for President; Clinton--for her second go-around; or McCain--is he really smarter than Bush? I don't know. I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for. I have silly reasons for not liking Obama. I have solid reasons for not liking Clinton. I have vague reasons for not liking McCain. But, unfortunately, they're our options.

Or...

Vote for me! The Rogue Assassin! I'll take a write-in under the Libertarian party....

No comments: